WORK WITH US AS A PART OF OUR AUCKLAND EVENTS TEAM
To lead the Red Badge Group events and venues division in Auckland. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of events across two divisions of Red Badge Group – Awesome Events and Red Badge Security encompassing some of the largest and most high-profile events in Auckland.
Central to your success will be your ability to engage, develop and lead an outstanding team of operations managers and staff across varying levels of the organisation whilst driving partnerships with clients to understand their needs and deliver the highest level of customer service and crowd management in New Zealand.
100% New Zealand owned, Red Badge Group is New Zealand’s largest provider of crowd management services across stadia, music events, sporting events, conferences and exhibitions. Red Badge Group has a wide range of clients who we provide our customer service and crowd management services to including, Regional Facilities Auckland, Trust Arena, ASB Showgrounds, Sky City and various festivals such as Laneway, Deep Hard n Funky, Northern Bass and Hidden Valley.
We are looking for an outstanding leader who has the drive, experience and capability to take our events and venues division to the next level. This role will lead a team of three operations managers and will operate as part of the Auckland Leadership Group. Critical to the success of this role will be engaging and collaborating with internal customers such as the resourcing and guarding teams to achieve shared success across the business.
At a relationship level this role will be the key point of contact for our largest clients in Auckland. The role will have a large focus on partnerships with key stakeholders and be able to develop an understanding of expectations whilst decisively ensuring these expectations are exceeded by your team.
This role will be fully supported locally and we are seeking someone who is looking to grow with us into this exciting time and through a period of growth in Auckland.
As part of the development of this role you will be engaged in the delivery of major events all over New Zealand.
We are seeking an individual who can demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and commitment that will inspire both the customer and team. The role will require flexible working hours including nights and weekends in order to support high profile events and match days at all times.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Foster a high performing and exciting environment in order to be able to attract the best people.
- Establish and maintain outstanding working relationships with all stakeholders and clients.
- Have a strong focus on the development of your team with a view of being the ‘best in the business’.
- Constructively challenge current thinking and practice, offering new ideas, alternatives or improvements to existing products, services and approaches.
- Be an active and valued member of the Auckland Leadership Group contributing to the overall success the Auckland branch.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Planning and organisational experience within a customer focused business.
- A passion for being involved in and ultimately leading great high performing teams
- People management skills
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Excellent financial literacy
- Ability to maintain discipline and enforce minimum standards.
- Full clean New Zealand driving licence and Criminal History Slate.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify client/business needs
- Delivering service excellence within a client environment
- Delivering success through leading and inspiring high performing teams and positive workplace cultures
- Strong partnering, communication, influencing and presentation skills with an emphasis on the customer
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Adaptable and able to reprioritise at short notice
On the horizon for New Zealand is Americas Cup, APEC 2021, 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup and a huge number of concerts and sporting events across New Zealand. This is a brilliant opportunity to develop to your potential in the event operations space, with the best company in the business.
Check us out!!
Make your next choice Red Badge Group……