Please note we have currently filled all available vacancies, however we will be actively recruiting in the near future and would welcome an application from you. Therefore please expect a delayed response to your application.
What’s on Offer:
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive hourly rate: $26 an hour, living wage!
- Individual learning and development training
- Role variety – multiple work opportunities and experience
- Flexible working hours & weekly pay
- Welcoming and supportive team environment
We are 100% New Zealand owned, Red Badge Group is widely recognised as a market leader, trusted to deliver a full range of security planning and staffing solutions for some of New Zealand’s best events!
About the Role:
- Provide excellent customer service to event attendees, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience throughout the event, including greeting everyone and scanning tickets
- Ensuring the safety and security of all individuals at events
- Conduct security screenings including bag checks and scans, to maintain a secure environment
- Assisting in crowd and vehicle control
- Collaborate closely with event organizers, fellow security/ event staff, and other stakeholders
- Maintain a professional and approachable attitude while enforcing event rules including Conditions of Entry and ensuring only authorised persons access restricted areas.
- Assist patrons with wayfinding within the venue including finding their seats and other amenities
- Provide clear and concise reports detailing any incidents, observations, or actions taken during the event
- Ensure that only authorised individuals are allowed to enter the venue and access restricted areas.
- Report suspicious activity or persons & safety hazards as needed
- Prior experience in a customer facing role such as hospitality or retail; event security or a related field is preferred, but not required. We offer training for qualified candidates
- Valid Green COA Security License is desirable; however Red Badge can support you in obtaining one if you are 18 years old or over, have a clean criminal record & eligible to work in NZ.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals in a positive and professional manner
- Strong observational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm and composed in high-pressure situations and make quick decisions when needed
- Able to take directives from Team Leaders and Managers and work well in team environments
- Must be reliable, confident & honest at all times
- Physical fitness and the ability to stand and walk for extended periods
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays – Most of the best events take place during these times!
If this sound like the opportunity for you or to hear more send though an application today and our recruitment team will get back in touch. We would love to hear from you!
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.