- Amazing opportunity to be involved & manage a diverse group of Clients & Events
- Excellent locations, great team environment & competitive pay!
- Be supported by an organisation who is committed to your Training & Development
An opportunity has come up to join our Events team to deliver Event Security and Hosting services to our clients across Auckland. Working closely alongside our Auckland team and clients, the primary purpose of this role is to engage, grow and lead an outstanding team of people in order to understand and deliver upon the crowd management, hosting and customer service components of events across Auckland. You will also drive partnerships with clients to understand their needs and deliver the highest level of customer service and crowd management in New Zealand.
100% New Zealand owned, Red Badge Group is New Zealand's leading independent provider of crowd management services across stadiums, music events, sporting events, conferences and exhibitions. Red Badge Group has a wide range of clients who we provide our hosting and customer service focused security solutions to including, Mt Smart Stadium, Trust Arena, North Harbour Stadium, Western Springs, ASB Showgrounds, Villa Maria Winery and many more.
We are looking for an outstanding Manager who will be responsible for the planning, implementation and management of all customer service and hosting operations across Auckland. Key to the role will be managing and growing a team of people whose vision will be to deliver exceptional, industry leading solutions across a variety of events.
At a relationship level this role will be the key point of contact for some of our largest clients in the region. The role will have a large focus on partnerships with key stakeholders and be able to develop an understanding of expectations whilst decisively ensuring these expectations are exceeded by your team.
As part of the development of this role you will be engaged in the delivery of major international and local events & concerts all over Auckland, including Americas Cup, Six60, Vodafone Warriors home games, Hidden Valley, Northern Bass, L.A.B and many more!
This role will be fully supported locally, and we are seeking someone who is looking to grow with us into this exciting time and through a period of growth in Auckland.
We are seeking an individual who can demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and commitment that will inspire both the customer and employees. The role will work closely with our Events Team as well as with other functions in the Auckland branch including Resourcing, Admin and Guarding. The role will require flexible working hours in order to support high profile events and match days as necessary.
In addition to the Operational Management of people, responsibilities will include:
- Foster a high performing and exciting environment in order to be able to attract the best people.
- Establish and maintain outstanding working relationships with all stakeholders and clients
- Ensure that all new employees are fully inducted and trained to carry out their specific roles.
- Ensure all events are adequately resourced with personnel and integrate this provision within the total event planning.
- Ensure that all venue policies and procedures are fully implemented, adhered to and communicated to employees ensuring that all workers are working to the venues values.
- Constructively challenge current thinking and practice, offering new ideas, alternatives or improvements to existing products, services and approaches.
- Establish and maintain robust customer relationships to enable the delivery of all services.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of staff and be able to report this information back. Have a strong focus on the development of your team with a view of being the ‘best in the business’.
- Work closely with supporting functions to find efficiencies and implement processes that ensure we are running a financially successful operation.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Planning and organisational experience within a customer focused business.
- A passion for being involved in and ultimately leading great high performing teams
- People management skills - able to build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal & teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving, multi-tasking and decision-making skills
- Excellent financial literacy
- Ability to maintain discipline and enforce minimum standards.
- Flexibility - this is not your usual 9-5 job - working evenings/ weekends is required at times.
- Full clean New Zealand driving licence and Criminal History Slate.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify client/business needs
- Delivering service excellence within a client environment
- Delivering success through leading and inspiring high performing teams and positive workplace cultures
- Strong partnering, communication, influencing and presentation skills with an emphasis on the customer
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Adaptable and able to reprioritise at short notice
Coming into Summer of 2020/2021, these are exciting times ahead for our industry and for local events! This is a brilliant opportunity to develop to your potential in the Event Operations space, in the best company in the business.
Check us out!!
Make your next choice Red Badge Group...