Are your team dealing with customers in a time of heightened anxiety? Help them stay safe by reminding them that we are all human. Their customers might be anxious, and they might be anxious too.
Humans respond better when they feel safe, feel respected, are treated as well as everyone else and given some choice or control.
Your best defense can include:
· A genuine greeting, with eye contact and a smile
· Maintaining a respectful distance where no one feels uncomfortable
· Asking rather than telling
· An explanation when it’s asked for or an apology when you’re sorry
· Giving the customer a choice
If you think this sounds like customer service, you are correct, customer service keeps us safe.
Consider discussing this with your team, practicing with your team and allow them to feel what great service feels like.
We are proud of our humans and what they do every day. It’s important that we all do what we can to keep our humans safe and well.
See the stories of our #humansofredbadge – click here.